First impressions Zinzino, Q4 2022: Again, profitability above our expectations
Equity research Zinzino
Today, 28 Feb. 2023, Zinzino published its interim report for the fourth quarter of 2022. Below is a compilation of our first impressions of the outcome, including deviations from our updated estimates.
- Total revenues increased by 7,0% in the third quarter, amounting to SEK 429 million. Our updated estimate was SEK 420 million. The outcome was thus slightly above our expectations.
- Year-over-year, the gross margin increased by 6.6 percentage points to 34.9%. Our updated forecast was 30.0%. The gross profit of SEK 150 million was thus better than our forecast of SEK 126 million.
- Year-over-year, the EBITDA result increased by 55% to SEK 40.8 million, corresponding to a margin of 9.5%. Our updated estimate was for SEK 24.1 million, corresponding to a margin of 5.7%.
- Operating profit increased by 67% to SEK 34.8 million, corresponding to a margin of 8.1%. Our updated estimate was for SEK 18.4 million or 4.4%.
- The result for the period’s earnings before tax was SEK 38.0 million, compared with our estimate of SEK 18.0 million. Earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.83, where our estimate was SEK 0.42.
Overall, the company’s fourth quarter was better than expected. At first glance, we think the stock should rise on this. However, the Q4 report states that the board is proposing a dividend of SEK 1.75 per share, down from previous SEK 2.0. In 2023, the company expects revenues of SEK 1,500-1,600 million at an EBITDA margin of 7%.
We intend to provide an updated analysis on Zinzino shortly.
Carlsquare AB, www.carlsquare.se, hereinafter referred to as Carlsquare, is engaged in corporate finance and equity research, publishing information on companies and including analyses. The information has been compiled from sources that Carlsquare deems reliable. However, Carlsquare cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information. Nothing written in the analysis should be considered a recommendation or solicitation to invest in any financial instrument, option, or the like. Opinions and conclusions expressed in the analysis are intended solely for the recipient.
The content may not be copied, reproduced, or distributed to any other person without the written consent of Carlsquare. Carlsquare shall not be liable for either direct or indirect damages caused by decisions made on the basis of information contained in this analysis. Investments in financial instruments offer the potential for appreciation and gains. All such investments are also subject to risks. The risks vary between different types of financial instruments and combinations thereof. Past performance should not be taken as an indication of future returns.
The analysis is not directed at U.S. Persons (as that term is defined in Regulation S under the United States Securities Act and interpreted in the United States Investment Companies Act of 1940), nor may it be disseminated to such persons. The analysis is not directed at natural or legal persons where the distribution of the analysis to such persons would involve or entail a risk of violation of Swedish or foreign laws or regulations.
The analysis is a so-called Assignment Analysis for which the analysed company has signed an agreement with Carlsquare for analysis coverage. The analyses are published on an ongoing basis during the contract period and for the usually fixed fee.
Carlsquare may or may not have a financial interest with respect to the subject matter of this analysis. Carlsquare values the assurance of objectivity and independence and has established procedures for managing conflicts of interest for this purpose.
The analysts Markus Augustsson and Fredrik Nilsson do not own and may not own shares in the analysed company.