Equity research HANZA: First impression Q4, 2023
13 Feb 2024
This morning, HANZA reported its Q4 2023 earnings. Below are our first impressions of the report.
- Earnings (EBITA) excluding acquisition costs were SEK 89m (63), about six per cent lower than we had expected. The negative deviation compared to our forecast was in the Main markets segment, while Other markets performed better than we had assumed. Group margins increased to 8.4 per cent (6.3).
- Sales in Q4 grew five per cent, in line with our expectations. Excluding currency effects and lower sales from the extraordinary component or energy costs compared to the previous year, organic growth was some four per cent.
- HANZA upgrades its financial targets somewhat to at least SEK 6.5bn in sales and a minimum EBITA margin of eight per cent in 2025. Previously, the company targeted sales of SEK 5bn and an EBITA margin of at least eight per cent for 2025. One important factor is the acquisition of Orbit One at the end of 2023.
- The dividend is increased more than we had expected to SEK 1.2 per share from SEK 0.75, supported by good cash flow in the latest quarter.
- HANZA sees a mixed picture at the beginning of 2024, with a slowdown in order intake from some customers at the beginning of 2024, while other parts of the customer base continue to grow.
- We believe a muted share reaction is in the cards. We will review our earnings estimates for a possibly slightly lower profitability in the short term.
In the table below, we compare the Q4, 2023 reported sales and earnings vs our estimates.
Carlsquare AB, www.carlsquare.se, hereinafter referred to as Carlsquare, conducts business with regard to Corporate Finance and Equity Research in which areas it, among other things, publishes information about companies including analyzes. The information has been compiled from sources that Carlsquare considers to be reliable. However, Carlsquare cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information. Nothing written in the analysis should be regarded as a recommendation or invitation to invest in any financial instrument, option or the like. Opinions and conclusions expressed in the analysis are intended only for the recipient.
The content may not be copied, reproduced or distributed to another person without the written approval of Carlsquare. Carlsquare shall not be held responsible for any direct or indirect damage caused by decisions made on the basis of information contained in this analysis. Investments in financial instruments provide opportunities for value increases and profits. All such investments are also subject to risks. Risks vary between different types of financial instruments and combinations of these. Historical returns should not be considered as an indication of future returns.
The analysis is not directed to U.S. persons (as defined in Regulation S of the United States Securities Act and interpreted in the United States Investment Company Act 1940) nor may it be disseminated to such persons. The analysis is also not directed to such natural and legal persons where the distribution of the analysis to such persons would result in or entail a risk of a violation of Swedish or foreign law or constitution.
The analysis is a so-called Commissioned Research Report where the analyzed Company has signed an agreement with Carlsquare for analysis coverage. The analyzes are published on an ongoing basis during the contract period and for a usual fixed remuneration.
Carlsquare may or may not have a financial interest in the subject of this analysis. Carlsquare values the assurance of objectivity and independence and has established procedures for managing conflicts of interest for this purpose.
The analyst Niklas Elmhammer does not own and is not allowed to own shares in the Company analyzed.