Corporate Finance/M&A Associate/Senior Associate (m/f/d)
Carlsquare is an independent, partner-run investment bank. We advise our clients (businesses, shareholders and private equity investors) on corporate finance and M&A. Carlsquare has offices across Europe, with 120 employees located in Berlin, Copenhagen, Frankfur, London, Hamburg, Munich, Paris, Stockholm
In 2021 Carlsquare was ranked #1 in the Mergermarket DACH Ranking for investment banks/M&A consultancies. With more than 90 transactions in the past two years and more than 550 transactions since its launch 20 years ago, Carlsquare has an outstanding track record. We are closing deals – what about you?
As member of the international M&A network Globalscope, we offer integrated cross-border M&A advice for mid-cap transactions. Further information on Globalscope can be found at www.globalscopepartners.com.
The role and responsibilities:
You will be working in direct contact with our clients and senior professionals, leading executing on complex corporate finance projects. Key responsibilities include:
- Fully responsible for driving the M&A process – the “Project Manager” leading execution, supported by a team of Analysts and interns, guided by senior leaders
- Creating and structuring investment memoranda and marketing materials
- Building and evaluating complex financial models
- Analysis of strategic drivers in key sectors (ecommerce and consumer, software and technology, business services and others)
- Leading client and investor communication – you will be the key point person on your projects
- Driving business development initiatives, including overseeing and delivering pitches with senior professionals
- Coaching and development our interns, Analysts and Senior Analysts
- 3-7 years of relevant professional experience in investment banking/ corporate finance/ M&A
- Native-level of the language the respective office: German, English, Swedish or Danish (English is mandatory for all offices) plus one other language at native level. Speaking German at a native level is required for the successful London candidate
- In-depth knowledge of key areas relevant to the role: valuation, accounting, financial reporting, financial instruments and general M&A concepts
- Excellent analytical, and communication skills and a great attitude
- Excellent grasp of complex financial modelling concepts, with a keen understanding of broader commercial issues
- University degree in economics, commerce, finance or accounting (or a similar discipline) from a top institution, with excellent academic performance
- A leader who can work independently, and manage a team
- Strong deal flow (c.60 deals completed across the firm in 2021), meaningful career development and the opportunity to learn from industry leaders, while executing projects supported by an excellent group of Analysts
- The opportunity to participate in our global secondment program at Carlsquare (or our Globalscope partner offices)
- Excellent career opportunities in an internationally active M&A advisory firm with a great culture.
- Are you reliable and enjoy working in a team as well as independently? Do you meet our high standards? Are you proactive, able to work under pressure and keen to develop your professional skills? Then please send your application, stating your preferred location via the apply button.