Corporate Finance/M&A Associate/Senior Associate (m/f/d)
Carlsquare is a leading technology investment bank. With 11 offices in 8 countries, we enable tech innovators and investors around the globe to achieve their strategic objectives. Our core services include M&A, debt capital, growth equity and IPO advisory. We have successfully closed 500+ transactions. As entrepreneurs – our partner-led firm has greatly expanded in recent years – we understand how to support fellow entrepreneurs. We believe in building long-term partnerships, working together with both the management team and the investors to drive cross-border growth. In addition to our extensive transaction experience, we leverage our global network and deep industry knowledge to ensure the optimum outcome for all parties.
Carlsquare was founded in Hamburg at the turn of the millennium. Today Carlsquare has 160 employees, with bases in key tech hubs including San Francisco, Vancouver, London, Paris, Hamburg, Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Warsaw, Copenhagen and Stockholm.
You will be…
- Be responsible for critical phases of the M&A process, including direct client contact and coordination of service providers in a due-diligence process
- Prepare and structure investment memos
- Research and contribute to the positioning of our M&A mandates
- Evaluate key drivers in our core sectors and prepare industry/sector analyses
- Contribute meaningfully to the team, guiding our analysts with your personality and professional knowledge
- Welcome you into our team culture, where your colleagues will treat you as an equal
- Offer you a high degree of autonomy, an attractive compensation package and the chance to work on exciting deals across Europe and North America
- Further your career goals through tailor-made training
- Support flexible working conditions and your creation of a healthy work-life balance
- Celebrate with you at our Christmas and summer parties, where the whole company gathers in a European city
We look for…
- An excellent university degree with a focus in finance, accounting or a similar quantitative discipline
- 3-5 years of professional experience in investment banking / transaction services / accounting / strategy consulting
- Outstanding analytical, conceptual and communication skills (fluent English, preferably also German)
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills, plus an exceptional attention to detail
- Someone who brings their whole self to work – we think of ourselves as “corporate finance with a personality”
Would you like to be a part of the Carlsquare team? We look forward to hearing from you. Please send your application and remember to specify your office preference!
To find out what past employees said about working at Carlsquare, look us up on Kununu and Glassdoor.