Internship at Carlsquare
We are offering you the opportunity to work in a highly motivated team, supporting us in carrying out complex corporate finance projects. Internships are possible throughout the year and at all of our locations.
Carlsquare is a leading technology investment bank. With 11 offices in 8 countries, we enable tech innovators and investors around the globe to achieve their strategic objectives. Our core services include M&A, debt capital, growth equity and IPO advisory. We have successfully closed 500+ transactions. As entrepreneurs – our partner-led firm has greatly expanded in recent years – we understand how to support fellow entrepreneurs. We believe in building long-term partnerships, working together with both the management team and the investors to drive cross-border growth. In addition to our extensive transaction experience, we leverage our global network and deep industry knowledge to ensure the optimum outcome for all parties.
Carlsquare was founded in Hamburg at the turn of the millennium. Today Carlsquare has 160 employees, with bases in key tech hubs including San Francisco, Vancouver, London, Paris, Hamburg, Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Warsaw, Copenhagen and Stockholm.
- Help create presentations, teasers, investment memos and studies
- Research companies, markets and potential investors
- Evaluate key drivers in our core sectors, as well as analysing industries and specific verticals
- Support due-diligence activities
- Provide financial analyses and company valuations
- Welcome you into our team culture, where your colleagues will treat you as an equal
- Offer you a many-sided job with lots of personal responsibility and room for initiative, plus the chance to work on exciting deals in Europe and North America
- Give you A-Z insight into our business and how a top investment bank works
- Support your career development through a personal coach and detailed feedback
- Celebrate with you at our summer and Christmas parties, where the entire company gathers in a European city
We look for…
- An excellent undergraduate university degree with a focus in finance, accounting or a similar quantitative discipline and relevant completed internships
- Deep knowledge of accounting and company valuation (corporate finance/M&A)
- Outstanding analytical, conceptual and communication skills, as well as exceptional attention to detail
- Confident handling of Excel and PowerPoint and preferably German skills
- Someone who brings their whole self to work – we think of ourselves as “corporate finance with a personality”
Would you like to be a part of the Carlsquare team? We look forward to hearing from you. Please send your application and remember to specify your office preference. Or do you want a longer immersion in investment banking? Visit www.icap-gapyear.com to learn about a unique opportunity to spend your gap year as an intern at three companies across the investment world.
To hear what past interns say about working at Carlsquare, look us up on Kununu and Glassdoor.