M&A Analyst | San Fransisco
Technology Investment banking
Carlsquare is seeking an M&A (Technology Investment Banking) Analyst to join our growing
team. This is a full-time position and will be on-site in our San Francisco office working
alongside our North American and Global team.
Carlsquare is an independent, partner-run investment bank focused primarily on enterprise software. We advise our clients (businesses, shareholders and private equity investors) on M&A. Carlsquare is a European and North American advisory firm with offices located in Berlin, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich, London, Paris, San Francisco, Stockholm, Vancouver, and Warsaw.
With more than 100 transactions in the past two years and more than 550 transactions since its launch 20 years ago, Carlsquare has an outstanding track record.
See our “about us” video or find us on Instagram for more info.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and collaborative global team of seasoned investment banking professionals and will work closely with senior leaders on all stages of the deal process. They will combine their experience and/or knowledge of the M&A/ capital raising transaction process with their financial and accounting acumen and keen interest in the technology, software and services verticals in which we focus.
You will be working in direct contact with our clients and senior professionals, leading execution on complex corporate finance projects.
This pivotal hire will be a key part of our North American growth plans and is anticipated to start in-office as soon as possible. This role is primarily in-person.
- Build pitches, teasers, and confidential investment memoranda (CIM)
- Produce integrated financial models, financial analyses, and valuations (trading and transaction comparables, DCFs)
- Produce sector, business, and capital market analyses as well as business profiles
- Project management of due diligence (set-up of virtual data rooms, Q+A, etc)
- Draft and participate in pitches
- Identifying buyers, targets, and investors
The Analyst must be eager to learn, comfortable taking on large amounts of responsibility quickly, adept at managing multiple projects, and capable of producing quality work with strong attention to detail on short timelines.
- Demonstrable interest and understanding of the M&A and capital raising process.
- 1-3 years of M&A, consulting, or transaction services experience
- An undergraduate degree, with relevant financial credentials (CPA/ CFA) a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and concise, professional business writing
- Knowledge of the software market, business valuation, and financial reporting/analysis
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Some financial modelling experience is a plus.
- Confident use of MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
The interview process includes an initial video call, a case study, and a final in-person interview. Applications will close on February 16, 2024.
- Strong deal flow, exposure to interesting sectors and transactions, meaningful career development, and the opportunity to learn from industry leaders
- Global travel plus summer/winter parties across office locations (our previous three company-wide Summer Events were hosted in the UK, Sweden, and Denmark)
- The opportunity to participate in our global secondment programme at Carlsquare (typically offered after the second year)
- Excellent career opportunities in an internationally active M&A advisory firm with a great culture and a flat hierarchy
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Inclusion is core to our values at Carlsquare, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or veteran status.