Main menu button

Carlsquare advised Umzugsauktion on the partial sale leading to a complete takeover

6 Nov 2014

Hamburg – Immonet GmbH further expands its activities in the relocation sector and takes over all shares of Umzugsauktion GmbH & Co. KG. In spring 2010, Immonet acquired 51 percent of the shares in Umzugsauktion, and now took over the remaining 49 percent from the two founders Franz Jelinic and Sebastian Palos (24.5 percent each) as planned.

Increasing mobility and a rising number of migrating people constantly raise the significance of the relocation sector. Today, more than 6.9bn Euros are spent on relocation in Germany alone. Since the acquisition of a majority interest by Immonet, Umzugsauktion has grown significantly and has doubled sales and earnings.

New Managing Directors of Umzugsauktion are Philip Schulze (COO Immonet GmbH) and Dr. Clemens Trautmann (CFO Immonet GmbH). Gregor Knischewski will be in charge of the operational management as General Manager. Relocation counseling and management of corporate customers will remain in the hands of the proven teams based in Schallstadt.

Carlsquare advised Umzugsauktion on the partial sale leading to a complete takeover.

About Immonet

With 1.495m online offers, Immonet is one of the leading real estate portals in Germany. The Hamburg-based company registers more than 5.6m unique visitors per month (Google Analytics, 01/2014) and thus approx. 90m virtual real estate inspections via the website. As a subsidiary of Axel Springer Digital Classifieds and the media group Madsack, Immonet is a long-range platform for real estate providers as well as starting point for the modern real estate search. At the same time, Immonet offers numerous real estate-related services, software solutions and apps. Currently, the company has 280 employees. In the last years, Germany’s internet users have confirmed Immonet’s high level of quality by awarding Immonet the Onlinestar as well as the website of the year award. For futher information, please click here.

About Umzugsauktion is Germany’s leading online relocation agency. The Schallstadt-based company monthly looks after approx. 16,000 qualified relocation requests and more than 700 quality-tested moving companies. As a subsidiary of Immonet GmbH, the platform matches relocation requests starting at distances of 100km with offers of interested forwarders. With the help of an auction model and a route planning manager, the offered tours and relocation requests are matched. Empty runs can be avoided and CO2 emissions reduced. Numerous awards, among them the innovation award of the Bundesverband Möbelspedition und Logistik or the certificate DIN EN ISO 9001 of the TÜV, underline the high quality and innovation standards of Umzugsauktion. For further information, please click here.

About Carlsquare

Carlsquare and the international M&A network Globalscope offer integrated cross-border M&A consulting services for medium-sized transactions. Carlsquare – a partner led corporate finance firm – advises businesses and shareholders to realise their strategic objectives ensuring the highest level of quality. Carlsquare is managed by three partners and is based in Hamburg and Munich with 18 employees. Globalscope has 44 members in 38 countries with more than 400 professionals worldwide. For further information about Carlsquare, please click here.


Deal Team / Kontakt:

Michael Moritz

Carlsquare GmbH

Valentinskamp 24

20354 Hamburg