Carlsquare Equity Research: Swedish industrials sector snapshot
9 Feb 2024
Read the full snapshot here:
- The economy weakened in Europe. the US and China in 2023. In December 2023. the Fed signalled a new. lower forward-looking interest rate path. This has led to falling market interest rates and expectations of stimulus measures to revive the economy.
- Purchasing managers surveys in the US and Europe are showing signs of bottoming out. China has continued to be a drag on growth.
- Demand has been strong from e.g.. defence/aerospace and traditional energy, but weak from renewable energy and electric vehicles.
- Q4 2023 earnings season indicates generally positive margin development but slow order intake for Swedish industrials. This is to some extent due to normalized supply times and destocking among customers. Sales have been in line with expectations. earnings somewhat lower than estimated (~-3 percent on average) according to our calculations.
- We discuss sector winners and laggards in the last three months, including HANZA and Candles Scandinavia.
Carlsquare AB. www.carlsquare.se. hereinafter referred to as Carlsquare. is engaged in corporate finance and equity research. publishing information on companies and including analyses. The information has been compiled from sources that Carlsquare deems reliable. However. Carlsquare cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information. Nothing written in the analysis should be considered a recommendation or solicitation to invest in any financial instrument. option. or the like. Opinions and conclusions expressed in the analysis are intended solely for the recipient. The content may not be copied. reproduced. or distributed to any other person without the written consent of Carlsquare. Carlsquare shall not be liable for either direct or indirect damages caused by decisions made on the basis of information contained in this report. Investments in financial instruments offer the potential for appreciation and gains. All such investments are also subject to risks. The risks vary between different types of financial instruments and combinations thereof. Past performance should not be taken as an indication of future returns. The analysis is not directed at U.S. Persons (as that term is defined in Regulation S under the United States Securities Act and interpreted in the United States Investment Companies Act of 1940). nor may it be disseminated to such persons. The analysis is not directed at natural or legal persons where the distribution of the analysis to such persons would involve or entail a risk of violation of Swedish or foreign laws or regulations. The featured analyses are so-called Assignment Analysis for which the analysed company has signed an agreement with Carlsquare for analysis coverage. The analyses are published on an ongoing basis during the contract period and for the usually fixed fee. Carlsquare may or may not have a financial interest with respect to the subject matter of this analysis. Carlsquare values the assurance of objectivity and independence and has established procedures for managing conflicts of interest for this purpose.